CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The past re-invented





Today I was organizing my closet when I came across the box I keep my wedding dress in. Out of curiosity to see how well it had been preserved, I pulled it out. It has yellowed some, that was to be expected, but amazingly it was still in pretty good condition.
Emily tried it on and it fit perfectly. I have to tell you, it sure was something to see. She kept saying, "Oh my gosh, Mom, You must have been a stick!". Yes, yes, I did have a figure once. LOL.
Of course, Emily would never consider wearing my wedding dress when she got married. It was, after all, yellow. But also because she said it was "way girlie". She wants to wear something a little more sophisticated. And that is just fine.
This whole adventure got me to thinking about how fast time flies by, and also, how it will not be too long before she will be leaving our home and moving on to her new life and family. She graduates in four years. Holy Crud!
So, we will enjoy the now, not worry about the fast approaching future and have a lot of fun reminiscing, telling old stories of when Mom and Dad were young, skinny, and bright eyed and bushy tailed. Even that old story about the whiplash kiss (Don's first kiss to me) was retold. For the 50th time.

1 comments:

Lady Bills said...

oh my gosh sue i love this post!!!

when you got married you were like a beautiful princess and don was your knight on his white steed! i wanted my wedding to look just like yours did-- it was perfection.

and look at that beautiful emily girl-- all growed up n stuff, she is so cute!